2018 LWOW Live Webinars
WEDNESDAYS @ 22:00 UTC | CLICK HERE TO ENTER WEBINAR ROOM | CLICK HERE FOR A UTC TIME CONVERTER | CLICK HERE to view recordings
- (24 January 2018) Falling in Love with Your Problems: The Art and Science of Creating the Consumer Story and Customer Experience
Webinar Goals: 1) underscore the importance of understanding the consumer/target audience in order to create products/services and messages designed for them; 2) provide tips and advice on how to conduct research on the consumer/target audience to better understand them and the user experience; and, 3) describe what is and how to create a “consumer story” and/or user-experience map.
Thought Leaders: Liz Reiser-Murphy, (Staff Attorney - Immigrant Youth Project) and TBD
- (14 February 2018) Bringing Your Idea to Life: Brand Identity, Targeted Marketing, Websites, Social Media, and More
Webinar Goals: 1) underscore the importance of and difference between branding and marketing; 2) provide tips and advice on how to develop a brand identity for a new product or service that “talks” to the target audience; and, 3) describe how to develop a user-friendly, targeted website that is in keeping with your brand and aligned with your business.
- (28 February 2018) Building a Business Plan: It's More than Just a SWOT Analysis
Webinar Goals: 1) teach how to put together a business plan; 2) identify the key components that should be included in a business plan; and, 3) differentiate good business plans from bad.
- (7 March 2018) Let's Get Personal: If Feedback is a Gift, Why is it So Hard to Give?
Webinar Goals: 1) provide advice and strategies on how to give feedback (up, across, down; virtually and in-person); 2) identify key considerations to take into account when giving feedback; and, 3) share real life examples (what went well and what could have gone better).
- (14 March 2018) Bleepers and Bloopers in Client Service: Don't Let This Be You!
Webinar Goals: 1) share real life examples of poor client service in the law market; and, 2) explore a new vision for how tomorrow's lawyers will work with and provide legal advice and service to their clients.
- (4 April 2018) Bait-and-Switch? How Law Firms Recruit and Retain the Best Talent
Webinar Goals: 1) outline what makes a great associate and/or lateral candidate (how can a candidate make a strong impression?) 2) share thoughts and opinions on how best to bate the best talent; and 3) reveal best practices for retaining talent so they don’t switch once you’ve hired them.
- Jonathan Bond (HR Director at Pinsent Masons)
- Sarah Chipping (Experienced Head of Service Delivery/Manager at Clyde & Co)
- Fred Headon (Assistant General Counsel, Labour and Employment Law at Air Canada)
- Scott Westfahl (Professor of Practice and Faculty Director of Executive Education, Harvard Law School)
2017 LWOW Live Webinars
WEDnesdays @ 22:00 UTC | CLICK HERE to enter WeBINAR ROOM | CLICK HERE FOR A UTC TIME CONVERTER
- 25 January 2017
Leading a Law Society or Bar Association: The Best Thing, The Worst Thing, and What I Learned the Hard Way.
Thought Leaders: Hilarie Bass, Fred Headon, Hermann J. Knott
- 8 February 2017
Art of Being An Entrepreneur in Law: Being Scrappy + Business-minded
Thought Leaders: Alessandro Maiano, Heather Strachan, Mike Suchsland
- 22 February 2017
Innovative GCs: Changing the Way Legal Does Business
Thought Leaders: Horacio Gutierrez, Juan Carlos Mencio, Emma Zipper
- 1 March 2017
Financial Times Innovation Awards: It's Not About Winning, It's About Wanting
Thought Leaders: Alastair Morrison, Amy Rudd, Reena SenGupta
- 8 March 2017
Blockchain Technology + How It Will Transform the Practice of Law
Thought Leaders: Joe Dewey, Jeff Seul
- 15 March 2017
Branding and Brand Pyramids: How to Bring Your Project of Life to Worth
Thought Leaders: Phyllis Dealy
- 22 March 2017
Legal Ops Roundtable
Thought Leaders: Raj Goyle, Scott Milner, Justin North